Written by a leading authority in the field, this comprehensive exploration of the political and policy-making roles of public bureaucracies is now available in a fully revised sixth edition, offering extensive, well documented comparative analysis of the effects of politics on bureaucracy.
New to the 6th edition:
- More international case studies on North America, Western and Eastern European and Asian countries.
- Discussion of how governments have been developing strategies to enhance co-ordination and coherence across their programmes.
- Analysis of the use of performance management in public administration.
- More tables, case studies and internet links.
- Extensive revision and updating to take into account the wealth of new literature that has emerged in recent years, including a discussion of E-Governance and analysis of ‘new public management’.
Drawing on evidence from a wide variety of political systems, The Politics of Bureaucracy continues to be essential reading for all students of government, policy analysis, and politics and international relations.Download Complete Book